Senate Interim Study
Unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) economic advancement and potential increase for economic development in Oklahoma.
REVISED: Added detailed agendas.
IS-2020-28 Unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) economic advancement and potential increase for economic development in Oklahoma. Requestor: Rosino
1. Welcome and introductions
2. James Grimsley, Executive Director, Advanced Technology Initiatives for the Choctaw Nation
3. Basil Yap, UAS IPP and Program Manager, North Carolina Department of Transportation Division of Aviation; Vice President of Hovecon Consulting
4. Dr. Amber L. Wilson, IACE, ASC, Manager of Aviation Technology, Virginia Department of Aviation
5. Dr. James Leiman, Director, North Dakota Economic Development and Finance, ND Department of Commerce; Interim Director, Workforce Division
6. Professor Gregory McNeal, Professor of Law and Public Policy, Caruso School of Law, Pepperdine University; Co-founder of AirMAP
7. Dr. Jamey Jacob, Director of Oklahoma State University’s Unmanned Systems Research Institute
8. Lunch break: 12:00PM - 1:00PM
IS-2020-27 Oklahoma Air Service Development Grant Pilot Program: offer financial assistance by grant to private or public entities for assisting commercial air service development. Requestor: Rosino
9. Welcome and introductions
10. William “Bill” Swelbar, Research Engineer, MIT’s International Center for Air Transportation
11. Nickolas “Nick” Wangler, Owner, Forecast Inc.
12. Shawn Burke, Air Service Development Program Manager and Analyst for Wyoming Department of Transportation
13. Mark Wasky, Vice President, Innovation and Strategic Initiatives, Indiana Economic Development Corporation
15. Alexis Higgins, Tulsa Airport Authority
16. Barbara McNally, Lawton, Fort Sill Regional Airport
17. Paul Priegel, Stillwater Regional Airport
18. Mark Kranenburg, Oklahoma City Airport Authority
19. Other business