The Oklahoma Senate will follow COVID-19 protocols to ensure the health and safety of the public, staff, and members of the Oklahoma Senate. The Senate will continually evaluate the protocols and, if necessary, make adjustments as conditions warrant. All protocols are subject to change by the Senate.
- Senators will be responsible for setting the masking and appointment policies of their personal office.
- Visitors are encouraged to check ahead to see the senator they visit requires appointments or allows visitors without an appointment.
- The public may click here to find contact information for each senator’s office.
SENATE ROOMS & SPACES
- Senate space will not be available for public reservation or use at this time.
- Tours, field trips, receptions, rallies and other group visits remain suspended.
- Social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6-feet) will be in effect in Senate spaces.
- Capacity limits in each committee room will be enforced. Capacity limits will be posted outside of each committee room. Seating preference will be given to senators and staff, guests invited by the chair for presentation to the committee, followed by credentialed media and the public.
- Senate committees will allow remote participation for senators or those guests who are called to appear before Senate committees.
- All Senate committee proceedings are livestreamed for viewing by the public.
- To allow for social distancing, viewing stations may be provided outside of committee rooms.
- Social distancing and seating capacity will be enforced in the Senate Galleries.
- The Senate will utilize proxy voting to accommodate senators who are unable to attend in-person floor proceedings due to COVID-19.
- All Senate floor proceedings are livestreamed for viewing by the public.
- In consultation with the Oklahoma State Department of Health, regular COVID-19 testing will be provided for senators and staff.